Safe-T-Vue® 6 Blood Temperature Indicators
Nonreversible Temperature Indicators for Blood Products, Plasma and RBCs
Safe-T-Vue® 6 is a temperature-sensitive indicator that takes the guesswork out of whether or not blood products, plasma and RBCs can safely be reissued.
Ideal for blood banks, blood collection centers and transfusion services, Safe-T-Vue 6 is attached directly to blood bags while they are refrigerated or in temporary storage. The indicator changes color from white to red when the blood (or other temperature sensitive product) has reached or exceeded 6°C.
Because it is nonreversible, Safe-T-Vue 6 will indicate that a higher temperature condition existed even if the temperature eventually returns to a lower level. As long as the indicator remains white, temperatures have remained at or below 6°C and the blood product may be reissued.
Temperatures accurate to within +/- 0.4°C.
Safe-T-Vue 6 Benefits
For refrigerator and temporary container storage (Igloo®-type or larger)
RBCs, whole blood and plasma
- Nonreversible temperature indication at 6°C
- Specifically indicates whether blood products may be reissued when returned*
- Assures temperature compliance and improves quality assurance
- Promotes requirements of accountability during transport
*AABB Standards for Blood Banks and Transfusion Services, 21 CFR 640.4(h) and 21 CFR 640.2 (c).
Learn how to use your Safe-T-Vue 6 in our step-by-step instructional video.
- Boxes of 50
- Cases of 200 (4 boxes of 50 indicators each)
- Each box stamped with lot number and expiration date
- All shipments contain quality assurance documentation
- Editable Validation protocols can be downloaded from Support
®Igloo is a registered trademark of Igloo Products Corp.